Baby Massage Classes
Nurturing touch is essential for your baby’s wellbeing and for healthy physical and emotional development. The beauty of baby massage lies in the fact that ‘anyone’ can do it – it’s simple to learn and fun for you both!
Baby massage introduces us to a form of parenting that has been practiced for centuries in India. Other nationalities that have used massage for generations include Eskimos of the Arctic, Ghanda, East Africa, Northern Ireland, Russia, China, Sweden and South America.
BENEFITS FOR YOUR BABY
If you have a crying baby, fussy baby, a baby with colic, or your baby won’t sleep or has a cold, baby massage is able to help.
Research suggests that baby massage can stimulate nerves in the brain:
- Assisting food absorption, resulting in faster weight gain
- Lowering stress hormones to improve immune function
- Touch therapy helps premature infants gain weight more quickly
- For asthmatic children, baby massage can improve breathing function
- Diabetic children accept treatment
- Is your baby not sleeping? Baby massage can help your baby sleep more easily
- Skin conditions can also improve with touch therapy.
Babies who have been fostered or adopted will also benefit from baby massage although it may need to be taken more slowly.
Regular massage for babies leads to infants and adults having the tools to be able to relax themselves in stressful times.
Most importantly, baby massage improves bonding and communication between you and your baby, helping your baby feel secure and loved.
BABY MASSAGE COURSES
The course is best suited to babies from birth to 9 months of age.
I teach the baby massage course at my home in Pirongia (30 mins from central Hamilton), over 2 x one hour sessions.
All the oils for the sessions will be provided, along with handouts detailing important information on each of the massage stroke techniques taught in the class.
Techniques used include Indian massage, Swedish massage, Reflexology and Touch Relaxation.
You will learn the skills and knowledge to provide a full body baby massage:
- When to massage baby and when not to massage baby
- Skills to encourage baby to relax and help baby sleep
- How to change the strokes for your child as he/she grows
- What to do when your baby cries
- A routine to ease colic in babies and other digestive issues.
Get a group of Parents and Bubs together and book a baby massage class. The ideal class size is 3 to 6 people with your babies.
Investment: $60.00 per adult.
Venue: 694 Crozier St, Pirongia (30 mins from Hamilton).
Alternatively I can come to your venue. Please note there would be a slight increase in cost to allow for travel. Please call to discuss.
Contact us now to arrange your baby massage class.
A gift voucher for a baby massage class is a wonderful gift for new parents. Please contact us now to purchase a voucher.